Essence brit-tea Illuminating Base

14:40

So 3 days ago, just as I felt that the day was turning into a bad day, I decided I needed some make up as a quick fix :P
And I noticed Essence's new LE, probably fresh on the shelves as all the products were still there (the perks of shopping early in the day). Let's be honest, all the item caught my eye, it's so pretty and pastel and springy and it just boosts your mood!

Source



Sadly I'm not in the market for pink/purple eyeshadow or a new blush, but if I'm lucky enough and still be able to find one tomorrow, I'm alost definately getting it. The nail polishes are also super cute, ....I swatched two in the store, but don't tell anyone! ;) They come in 4 colours, I only tried #03 Pink to Go and #04 Green tea for two, and they contain tiny shimmer and are matt polishes but didn't really convince me.
There are also earrings and a nail file and a highlighter pen and....:)
But one item that really caught my eye is the Illuminating Base.

This is what Essence has to say about it: party glow… the illuminating base gives your face a natural, subtle shimmer and a beautiful, radiant complexion. it can be applied as a primer underneath your make-up or used on its own – either way, a subtle glow is guaranteed.
Ingredients (from Essence's website) : AQUA (WATER), DIMETHICONE, PEG-9 DIMETHICONE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, MICA, DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER, AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE/VP COPOLYMER, BEHENYL DIMETHICONE, TALC, HYDROGEN DIMETHICONE, TIN OXIDE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, DIETHYLHEXYL SYRINGYLIDENEMALONATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PHENOXYETHANOL, PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), CI 77491, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE). 


The product itself is on the runnier side but it won't just slide off your face. It's also very thin, spreads nicely and leaves a barely noticable shimmer trace, which you can see if you try hard enough on the photo below (top - illuminating base, bottom - no product). It has a floral smell to it, but not too strong and it disappears after a minute or two.


I can't say it works well as a primer nor does it show from underneath my BB cream, but I do believe it will look great if you mix it with your foundation and I will surely try this tomorrow! :)
And for those lucky gals with nice skin, I think this base will look great standalone, to add a bit of glow to your face.












You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images