Review: Essence Longlasting lipstick in Adorable Matt #14 and I Love Cake Pop #17 with swatches

20:50

Whenever I walk into a store, first thing I do is check Essence's stand, whether is it their LE or just nail polishes, that's where you just might find me. Their products are inexpensive and the quality is good.

So for start, a few words on my general impression  on these two lipsticks.
The product comes in a matt black packaging and it gives this pricey look to the lipstick, even though it's dirt cheap and even though it's dirt cheap it's nicely pigmented. But there's something which might be important to some; these were supposed to be longlasting, but they're really not.
Good thing it' not something I expect from any lipstick so it's not a big problem for me. This line is also matt, so nothing shiny with shimmer, BIG LIKE and they're quite pigmented as I already said...all this for this price? I mean, they're basically free! The only downside is, well, make sure you carry your lip balm with you, I usually need some help during the day. They're not drying but unless you're lips are in top condition you might need to dab it one once or twice.

Essence Longlasting Lipstick in #14 Adorable Matt







I bought this one as soon as this line hit shelves because I really wanted a nice pigmented lipstick in red. The one from Clinique I was using before was a.) 2 years old, b.) not pigmented enough. So this one does the job really nicely, but as I said, I need to dab on some lipbalm from time to time just so it doesn't start looking ugly. It can last me a good few hours when I don't eat or when I'm not pouring water down my throat, but for someone who carries lipstick in their pocket (...yeah I know...) as long as there is a reflecting surface near me I can fix (almost) anything.

Now onto the other lipstick...Essence Longlasting Lipstick in #17 I Love Cake Pop







A few months after I bought the red lipstick, I felt this need to find a nice warm pink lipstick. So I again walked to the nearest Mueller and started looking through pilles of different shades and I ended up getting this one. Cheap, pigmented and what's most important, I love the color!
When I was swatching it I already knew this was a good buy and can't wait to try it with full face makeup :)
First and second from left, #14 and #17

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images