Review: Liquid eyeliner showdown Missha Signature Sexy Black and Essence Liquid Ink

20:20

...well not really, I'll only be comparing my Missha and Essence liquid eyeliner.


I am more of a gel liner girl myself, but my TonyMoly gel liner pretty much dried out, so until there are actually a few more products I run out of, I won't be buying it because I'd have to order it online and it's simply easier to buy more stuff at once than just one thing.
Anyway, the Missha Signature Sexy Black Eyeliner is also from my July haul and I only recently started using it because I'm starting to run out of my Essence liquid eyeliner.




Essence Liquid Ink, waterproof
I got the waterproof version, simply because it has to be longlasting. When I wear make-up, I wear it 8+ hours and I really need it to stay there and this one stays there! You really need an oil-based remover to get it off, nothing else will get it off, unless you like rubbing your eyes. It also looks like these little strips of some rubbery-plasticy material once you remove it, wierd. Anyway, it's a good liquid eyeliner, really longlasting, I usually put make-up on around 7am and sometimes remove it as late as 10pm when I get home, and it's still there, no stains on my upper eyelid, so perfect.
I've been using it for more that 6 months the (6 months is when you really should throw it away!) and now it's getting all clumpy so....yeah.
So final verdict: Longlasting, afordable, not the best waterproof eyeliner, but it will survive a few tears, up to 6 months and then away with it!

the tip is quite thick imo, but because it's soft, it gives you good control of what you're doing

Missha Signature Sexy Black Eyeliner
I love the thin brush it has, it's really good when you wish to draw on a nice thin line and do a more subtle look, not really good if you like bold make-up, but I also discovered, it's perfect for buliding up the line. I usually go full in on the thickness of the line when I'm using the one from Essence, but with this one, I can slowly build up the thickness. Longlasting, just like the one from Essence and waterproof. I think this one might be even better even though it doesn't specifically state it is. I've been in a few crying sessions lately and the end result was better with this one, I could literally peel off the one from Essence.
The packaging is the most beautiful I've ever seen, and the eyeliner is easily removable with an oil-based remover (but warm water and soap also works). All in all a good eyeliner. I would definitely buy a new one, if I had a chance of getting it in a physical store; I'm afraid online the mark up would be enormous .
thiner soft tip, good for thin lines and building up a thicker line

All in all, I must admit I prefer the one from Missha. Not only is the packaging pretty and looks super pricy it's also a really good eyeliner. Even tho at first it took some time to get used to the thiner tip and  therefor didn't like it that much, after a few uses it became easily my favourite liquid eyeliner I've tried this far.

as you can see, thick, thin, both can be achieved with these two, but I feel Missha's is a bit darker in color


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images