Finding good skincare brands in China

14:22

Just follow the sales lady, seriously, those girls should know what kind of stuff you need, given they live here.
No but seriously, that's how I usually get stuff, I trust them completely and get what they recommend me. Except if it's one of the girls that work for brands that have separate counters inside the store, I just politely thank them for their help and tell them I'm interested in something cheaper, but to those who can afford it, go for it!
Anyway, this is how I was spared the bothersome phase where you're looking for products that work for me. After I ran out of my Etude House Moistfull Collagen Emulsion (which is also good, btw!) I didn't want to place a Gmarket order just for that, so I went to the nearest Watson's and started looking for a new emulsion. The sales girl recommended me Inoherb's Lilium Essential Hydrating Moistuizer (相宜本草 百合高保温润养水). At first I wasn't too sure about it, because it was a bit on the pricier side for me and I had no idea about the ingredients since they were all in Chinese, but I just went with it and I do not regret.

It costs around 80 CNY, which is around 10€, not really expensive, but I'm living on a tight budget here, okay! ;)
I usually put it on in the morning and in the evening, right after I wash my face. The instructions say to put an appropriate amount of product onto a cotton pad and gently swipe it all over you face, wait for it to be fully absorbed and continue using other products.
Because of reasons, mostly me being lazy, I don't use a cotton pad but just apply it using my hands. The product itself is quite thin and not completely transparent. Just by itself it doesn't feel not really hydrating, and my face still feels tight, but during the day the difference is more than apparent.
Ingredients: water, Butyl Glycol, glycerine, PEG-18 dimethicone, Polydimethylsiloxane/
Poly(dimethylsiloxane),PDMS, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Cetearyl alcohol/Stearyl alcohol, Isocetane, Caprate, vaseline, Cetearyl Glucoside, PEG-7 olivate, Bis-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl Silane, Trehalose, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyl Taurate/VP Copolymer, Potassium Lauryl Phosphat, disodium EDTA, Allantoin, Coceth-7, PPG-1-PEG-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Solomon's seal Extract, Whie Waterlily Bulb Extract, Citrus Peel Extract (is that even a thing?), Chondrus Crispus, Sorbitan Olivate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Polysilicone-11, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Pentanediol, a missing ingredient I cannot figure out, Fragrance
Honestly speaking, I wouldn't have bought the product had I know it contains parabens, but what is done is done, I'm almost done with this product by now, so I'll just use it up. By the way, parabens in Chinese are  羟苯甲酯 (methyl), 羟苯乙酯 (ethyl), 羟苯丙酯 (propyl) and 羟苯丁酯 (butyl). Now I know for next time! :)

In the beginning I only used this combined with my day cream, but as the winter was nearing, I left for my nearest Watson's once more.But more about that in the next post, going through the ingredients list sure is a lot of work :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images