Review: Taobao wigs pt. 1

11:25

Lets be honest here, one thing I love is hair; fake, real, natural colour, dyed, you name it. I would've probably became a hairdresser if I wouldn't grow up in a household where being a hairdresser is not the job you'd advise your kid to get/study for.
Up until 2 years ago I always believed wigs are for lazy people, it's hair, put some effort in it! But then, my hair was becoming weak from all the dying, I was becoming sick of having it dyed every 6-8 weeks and sometimes, especially when my hair was dyed an unnatural colour, I just wanted to have a rest from all the stares and at the same time be able to attend school when my real hair was pink, but not visible to the teachers.
Yes I know the last part of the previous paragraph might not be the best way of thinking but that's just how it is for me. Small town, small country :/



So I decided to get my first wig on Ebay and after a long time of researching I decided to go with xy wigs. Satisfied.
But I knew I could get them cheaper so after I came to China....Taobao/Tmall :D
I got the first wig in January, from Enew. I heard their wigs are good quality and at a good price. It's true! :) The wig was 80 RMB, which is around 10€, so cheap!
Link to the store: here

Photo from the seller

Taken near the window

I think it has the same level of plastic shininess as the Claire Beauty Wig

The whole wig (and the empty side of the dorm-room :''''( )
I dare saying this is a very good wig, considering the price, even excellent. Once I get home all the wigs are still getting the dish-washing liquid and baby powder treatment to eliminate as much of shine as I can.

Next on, I tried my luck around Taobao and Tmall based on the number of wigs sold and what the other customers had to say about the items.
And I stumbled upon Randuo
I've been wanting to get a nice silver wig for some time now and this one meet the criteria so I got it. I must say I was a bit disappointed with this one but I think I'm the person at fault here. Nonetheless after about half an hour of looking at it, I now love it. The part that got to me was that the hair is not pure silver but mixed with some silverish brown. I didn't notice this in the description or in the comments but as I said, I still love it, it makes it look a lot more natural, as natural as a silver wig can look at least :D
Photo from the seller
The curls on the wig are really nice and the length is just perfect

Biggest problem? Really shiny
Top of the wig
I really hope I will be able to get rid of this much shine because with this one, it's very obvious. Overall not my favourite wig because it's very shiny, the hair thickness is so-so and it cost me 95 RMB, so more a bit than the one from Enew, but not as good. But I sure am looking forward to wearing it, if it proves to be too shiny I'll just wear a hat/cap with it, problem solved!
UPDATE:
After washing the wig, love it! I still wear it with a cap because it's still shiny but I have to say it's a bit better now. 




Next one is from Luman also from Tmall.
This one cost me around 40 RMB, cheapcheapcheap, but the quality is surprisingly good. I mostly got this one for the kicks, if it was a bad wig, 5€ is not really that much.
Overall the store has a nice selection of wigs in natural colours with prices that would point out to a wide variety of different quality wigs, but at least the cheap one I got, definately better than what to expect from a wig this cheap. Anyway, photos
Seller's photo

The hair falls so nicely

This photo was taken indoors during the day with the light on...sense, none
 While the hair is a bit on the not so soft side, it's still very thick, the colour is nice and very natural, there are a few strands on darker and lighter hair mixed in so overall, an amazing wig.
UPDATE:
This is now my favourite wig, baby powder did wonders to it, it doesn't tangle a lot and the curls still look very nice. I think it's a excellent everyday wig and I now regret not getting more wigs from this store!



Okay this is for part one, I'll immediately go to writing pt. 2 but I just want to keep them a bit separated, just so this doesn't become one long and messy post :) 






You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images