Review: Taobao wigs pt. 2

12:17

Countinuing from post pt. 1 is just a click away! ;)



So, from where I left off following are 2 ridiculously cheap wigs from Xinxinjiafa on Taobao.
These two wigs were also bought purely out of curiosity over the price vs. quality but with these two it really shows. While the hair is very soft, it's also obviously fake, especially the red one.


But since the 2 wigs plus shipping only cost me around 8€, I don't consider it a real loss, there will be many chances to still wear them.

Any seller that uses a Gabalnara/Gabalmania photo as their own obviously sells well...
I was never too sure this kind of red would suit my skin tone and this wig helped me come to a conclusion it doesn't suit me well...too bad.
the wig looks really good on the stand
up close you can see where it lacks
 

With the red wig, I'm really looking forward to bringing it home and seeing what can be done, but it was only 35 RMB so okay, I'll live if it can't be saved.
I also bought a short brown wig from the same seller for 17RMB, again, really cheap so okay.
Again a fake photo but okay



It's decent looking wig but again, the color doesn't suit me too well. It looks less fake than the red one, very soft, the hair is mixed colour, nothing too bad about the wig except I can't pull it off. It's also a bit short on me in my opinion.

All in all, these two will probably become party wigs. I still see hope for both of them but for now, let's just leave it here.

Last but not least, the wig that caused me most problems from the very start. This wig kind of has the same back story as the silver wig; a wig that I've been wanting to get for the longest time. After what I'm pretty sure was at least 1 month of deciding which wig on Taobao was the best, I finally decided on getting this one. The wig is fromkyouko假发】 and they just have the nicest selection of cosplay and lolita wigs I've seen on Taobao. Most prices are also in the 80-100 RMB range. 
So what exactly made this the most problematic wig? After it got here on the first day, my phone service was cancelled because I didn't top my phone account and the kuaidi guy couldn't reach me. The second day I was not in Beijing and no one could go get it instead of me, so after 2 days of no one picking up the parcel it went God knows where and after a week sent back to the seller. After contacting the seller they sent it again and it got here today. I went to pick up the package but instead of taking the both that got here today I only grabbed one and left the wig with the kuaidi guy again. So there, I'm picking it up tomorrow hopefully, or my friend is, because I'll be in Sanlitun in the morning. 
TL;DR
I present you The wig
Photo from the seller
 Okay the rest follows as soon as I get my hands on it!

Either way, I really hope this helps at least one person getting their hands on some nice Taobao or Tmall wigs. Any other questions about Taobao, making a Taobao account if you're in China, ask ask ASK, I'll be more than happy to help! :)

UPDATE:
Now that I finally have the wig and that it has been washed, I can finish writing this post :)
Fresh out of the box

Up close, next to the window

After washing and baby powder...
I think if I hadn't had the wig in my suitcase, it would've never gotten lost....or so I like to believe :P
This wig was by farthest the biggest disappointment. Even after I washed it, put half a tone of baby powder on it, it still looks very plastic. I hope repeating the whole process once again will help, I really want to wear it. The curls are also a bit too tight for my taste, but as it's evident from the last photo I managed to comb out the curl a little bit.   
But nevertheless, the colour is really nice, soft fiber but tangles a lot. This is the first really curly wig that I own, so I can't tell if it tangles more than wigs from other brands.  
All in all, I will try to get the shiny out, I'm sure I'll be able to!
  


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images